Primary Function of Position:
This position is responsible for analysis, development, and coordination of all assigned tasks relating to inventory control. These include daily cycle counts, material transactions, interplant replenishment and others.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Maintain, report and drive improvements to improve inventory control and internal replenishment processes.
- Provide support for Buyers by reporting shortages and keeping Lot Control adherence
- Perform cycle counts, physical inventories, and conduct staged material audits that will include quantities and lot tracking verification.
- Strong analytical and root cause analysis skills.
- Spends the majority of the time in our warehouse environment working with inventory.
- Responsible for the inventory integrity of all Warehouse and WIP inventories
- Provide continuous improvement feedback and implement processes accordingly
- Develop communication relationships with Materials, Production, Planning, Engineering, Purchasing, Shipping, Finance, Receiving and IQC.
- Support special projects requiring immediate data extraction, manipulation and reporting by generation ERP and Excel reports.
- Collaborate with Purchasing, Planning and Engineering to review proposed changes and establish the plan to support production and engineering work order builds.
- Assist with any internal or external audits
- Expedite material thru the process as required.
- Adhere to all manufacturing policies, guidelines and procedures. Comply with Current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum three years prior warehouse experience and/or exhibits knowledge of inventory control activities (cycle counts, physical inventory, root cause analysis, replenishment processes, etc.)
- Knowledge of GMP’s and previous work experience in a medical manufacturing environment is preferred.
Ability to lift 35 pounds frequently each day.
- Extensive walking and repetitive physical motion (squatting, bending, lifting) is required (at least 70% of hours worked).
- Able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness in completing work assignments, while complying with verbal and written instructions.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and cross-functionally.
- Prior computer experience (including MS Office products and ERP systems) and the capability to learn new programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to clearly document findings and complete any necessary reports.
- Math skills (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, calculating percentages, understanding variances, and cost analysis).
- Must be a strong team player that works well in groups but is also self-motivated and capable of meeting deadlines.
Two- or Four-year Degree in Accounting, Management, Business Administration, and/or equivalent experience. Must have a complete understanding of basic accounting and/or inventory practices.