This is a non-exempt position that leads a production team performing repetitive bench or line assembly operations to mass-produce plastic medical products such as catheters. The Team Leader should seek continuous improvement in productivity and quality. The Team Leader coordinates, leads and monitors the activities and workflow of the team while ensuring that established objectives and deadlines are adhered to. The Team Leader makes daily decisions regarding productivity and works closely with the Production Supervisor to plan, schedule and coordinate work for the operators and/or other manufacturing employees. This includes coordination of resources and activities needed to fulfill manufacturing requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Trains manufacturing associates and provides instructions as needed
- Coordinates work flow with Production Supervisor
- Communicates daily production schedule to assembly team
- Assists in assigning tasks and ensures production rates, inspections, quality, quantities and ship schedules are met
- Helps improve process designs to improve quality, minimize scrap and increase productivity
- Ensures execution of operating instructions, quality standards, plant policies and procedures and safety/housekeeping practices
- Provides coaching and training to manufacturing associates
- Inspects completed work
- Maintains appropriate records
- Leads, motivates and trains employees to achieve production results, improve individual skills and enhance teamwork
- Provides input about down time and allocation of employee resources
- Provides input for employee performance appraisals
- Participates in investigation and implementation of Nonconforming Material (NMR) Reports and correction action plans
- Ensures accuracy of Device History Records
- Ensures all employees are trained and documented to appropriate instructions for all tasks assigned to team members
- Performs activities of production team members supervised
- Meets the physical requirements listed below
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Skilled at motivating and training employees and building rapport
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Mathematical skills using various operations with whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; includes ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment as a Team Leader
- Associates Degree in a manufacturing discipline strongly preferred
Physical Requirements, Environment & Working Conditions
- While performing this job, employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to sit
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, or hear.
- Frequently lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds.
- Vision requirements – requires close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. Noise level is usually moderate.
- Employee will work in clean rooms and must adhere to the dress code for that environment (includes gowns and hair covers)