The Machine Operator operates the multi-vac machine (and potentially other machines) to mass produce or package plastic medical products.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates computer-controlled equipment.
- Organizes and support the machine loading team to meet the production rate and schedule.
- Utilizes off-line measuring devices to check print quality and seal integrity.
- Lifts, locates and feeds product to the loading team to maintain constant work flow
- Sets-up and starts machine, loads material, and observes operation and prevents/corrects faults
- Operates machines within released operational instructional guidelines
- Inspects and measures machine’s work pieces to verify product conformance to specifications
- Trouble-shoots machine operations
- Adjust machine parameters and guides according to specifications to manage machione output/finish product
- Responsible for identifying and controlling machine scrap
- Responsible for documenting daily operating parameters and material changes
- Read and interpret controlled documentation
- Assists with machine and equipment maintenance, documents weekly PM checklists
- Performs spot checks of products to ensure adherence to approved quality standards
- Notifies Team Leader of product discrepancies or equipment malfunctions
- Adheres to established company policies and procedures including cleanroom, quality and safety regulations
- Maintains a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions
- Prior machine operation experience, preferably a packaging machine (multivac)
- Physical dexterity – experience and ability working with hands and hand tools
- Frequently move 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds
- Mechanical aptitude and skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Ability to shift from one task to another
- Wears required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to read and comprehend procedures written in English
This position requires 0% travel on average.
- Must have the ability to stand, climb, bend, and lift products and materials frequently up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds
- May stand or sit for long periods of time
- Ability to reach with hands
- Ability to use both hands and fingers
Environment & Working Conditions
This position is generally performed indoors in a cleanroom or plant environment. If working in the cleanroom, employee must follow all cleanroom and quality guidelines.